How are IFilters licensed?
All our IFilters are licensed per machine. We offer volume discounts and Enterprise licenses. For more information please contact us directly.
What is Server Edition?
Server Edition of IFilter is a server-side solution designed for businesses of all sizes. It integrates with SharePoint Server, SQL Server and all other products based on Microsoft Search technology. IFilter Server Edition also includes all the functionality of the Workstation Edition.
What is Workstation Edition?
IFilter Workstation Edition makes it possible for end users to search documents on their desktops. It can be installed on Windows desktop operating systems and seamlessly integrates with Windows Search service.
What license do I need for SharePoint Portal Server? Do we need to purchase a license for each client?
You will need one Server Edition license per server.
Are your IFilter products compatible with Windows Search service?
All our IFilters can be configured to work with Windows Search. You will need to configure custom temporary directory for each IFilter as described below:
- Stop Windows Search service.
- Open registry key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\IFilterShop"
- Open registry subkey related to the particular IFilter product
- Add new String value named "TempPath" and enter the full path to the new temporary directory.
- Start Windows Search service.
Normally our IFilters install and work transparently, without any need for further configuration. If you are experiencing difficulties, try the steps below:
- Test DWG IFilter using our IFilterView tool:
- Run IFilterView.exe application on the same computer you have an IFilter installed.
- Load an IFilter for a sample file stored on the same computer using "File->Open" menu.
- Check the output generated by IFilterView.exe. Confirm that "IFilter DLL" parameter refers to IFilterShop IFilter dll.
- In case of errors, please save ("File->Save") and email us the output generated by IFilterView.exe.